Sunday, January 5, 2014

Return to the Office

Tomorrow, I make my triumphant return to office life.  No, I have not been out for maternity leave.  My clients are very quiet over the holidays and my office is virtually empty due to our "Use It or Lose It" time off policy.  Therefore, my manager allowed me to work from home.

And it has been glorious.

My husband is a teacher, so we've had the two weeks at home together.  Thankfully, we haven't gotten on each other's nerves too much. It's actually been very fun. 

What I loved most about working at home was my ability to manage my stress. If a project was becoming too overwhelming, I could walk away and recenter myself.  If it was really bad, I could head to the gym to work out my frustrations.

Speaking of working out, it was easier to manage a fitness routine when you take a commute out of the mix. Fun Fact: While working from home, I've lost 8 lbs.  True story. 

The next couple of weeks will bring scheduling and stress management challenges.  I've worked hard over the past couple of weeks to develop good, healthy habits.  I'm hoping to rise to the occasion.  If not, y'all will whip me into shape, right?

What challenges do you face in your daily schedule?  I'd love to hear.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips