Friday, January 17, 2014

Fitness Log: 1/17/2014 - Treadmill and Strength

I won't sugar coat it.  Today's workout was awful.  I've had a particularly stressful week, which has spilled over into poor sleep, diet and hydration.  All this came to a head when I hopped on the treadmill this evening.  Seven minutes into the run my hip started cramping up, which stressed my knee and my ankle.  I think it's important to acknowledge that I was able to run for seven minutes straight though.  I wouldn't have been able to say that a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, the tension in my body forced me to give up on the treadmill earlier than I wanted to.  A little strength training only exacerbated the issue.  When I got home, I focused on 20 minutes of stretching and breathing to relieve tension throughout my body.  And there it was... I had been clenching my teeth.  Thinking back I realized I had been clenching my teeth through my run, my lifting, the stretching.  Recalling even further back, teeth clenching is probably what led to my neck cramps and poor sleep last night.  Ugh!  Stress is taking over my life.  As sad as I am that my stress has affected my body to this extent, I'm happy I focused on unraveling some of this mess.  Not a great workout - but a workout nonetheless.

Cardio:
Treadmill - 20 minutes @ 4-5mph

Strength:
Biceps Curl - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Triceps Extension - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Seated Row - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs
Shoulder Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Chest Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Back Extension - 25 reps x 2 sets (no added weight)
Ab Crunch Bench - 5 reps x 5 sets (no added weight)

And I leave you for the day with my awkward gym selfie.  You're welcome.

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips