Friday, January 10, 2014

Preppy Friday

It's Friday and I simply can't bring myself to get too casual in the office.  After a really hard week, all I wanted to do was strap on my Converse shoes and a hoodie.  Instead, I opted for preppy casual and comfy.
What I'm Wearing:
Sweater and Bracelets - Brooks Brothers

I have second day, lazy hair going on today.  My only saving grace is the wave twist on the front.  I don't know where I learned this or why I started doing it, but I've found that it really works for my face shape.
Essentially, I just grab the front portion of my hair and pull it back as if I was going to pin it back.  Then, I twist in one direction, allowing the center of the twist to follow to one side.  When it is twisted to my satisfaction, I hold the end of the twist flat against the top of my head and push it a smidge forward - just to give it a little lift.  No Snooki bumps here.  Use bobby pins to secure.
  I pulled the rest of my hair into a ponytail - and ta-da!  I somewhat look put together.  Fridays are all about finishing the week out strong, right?  Ha - sure.  
Here's hoping my preppy outfit gives me the pep in my step to make it through the rest of the week!  (Just a few more hours!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips