Monday, January 6, 2014

How to Roll Your Sleeves


Recently, I switched "real person" jobs from a semi-professional dress environment to a jeans environment.  While this may seem like every person's dream, it has posed a slight issue for the financially challenged.  How do I dress down my professional pieces for my new workplace without having to buy a ton of clothing?  Sure, I could show up in my fancy skirts and blouses but 1) Who really wants to hear "Why are you all dressed up today" every.damn.day? and 2) Come on, it's a JEANS environment... which. is. awwwwwesoooooome!

Thankfully, I came across this tip from The College Prepster and it has revolutionized and revitalized my wardrobe.  Now I can wear all of my button-down blouses (estimated at 12-15 shirts) with my jeans without looking overly done up.  BONUS!  I can wear my button-downs comfortably in summer.  Woot woot!
What I'm Wearing:
Top - Victoria's Secret / Jeans - Royal Blue / Belt - Banana Republic / Watch - La Mer Collections (via Rue La La)

I do have to say, above anything, the best part about this tip is that the rolled sleeve doesn't get too tight or bulky.  It's comfortable, stylish and super easy.  Give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh-so that's how it's done! I've have to remember that! I often wear button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, but I just roll them up any old way! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Who knew there was a proper way?! But I will tell you this much, they are so much more comfortable now! :)

      Delete
  2. I always roll my sleeves the J.Crew way-- love it! Thanks for linking up with Mix it Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips