Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fitness Log: 1/2/2014 - Treadmill and Strength


The past two weeks I've been working from home.  This has made it really easy to work-out when I don't have meetings or I'm waiting on information to be pushed back to me.  However, that's not reality.  I will be returning to the office on Monday and I need to fit my exercising into reality.  This morning, I decided to test drive going to the gym early in the morning to see if I could get my whole routine in, including shower, within my typical schedule.

Unfortunately, I felt a little rushed.  Part of the reason was feeling like I was running against the clock not knowing how long everything would actually take.  The other part was working out with my husband - at the end of the workout, I had to wait for him to finish.  On a typical day, he wouldn't be working out with me, so I really need to ignore that part.  I'm hoping I can manage the rushed feeling on a typical day.

The good news is I got in a really solid workout despite being horribly sore from yesterday's Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown workout (seriously, that workout is no joke).  I also feel extraordinary knowing that my exercising is done for the day.  I don't have to figure out how to squeeze it in.  It's done.
Cardio:
Treadmill - 25 minutes @ 3.0 Incline, 4.0mph
1:30 Warm Up
Walk 1 minute / Jog 2 minute intervals
5:00 Cool Down

Strength:

Seated Row - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs
Seated Bicep Curls - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Tricep Curls - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Leg Press - 20 reps x 3 sets @ 50lbs
Ab Crunches - 5 reps x 3 sets @ (No Added Weight)

Hopefully there's truth to working through the soreness because my body screams every time I move.  We'll see tomorrow!  In the meantime...

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips