Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fitness Log: 1/1/2014 - Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown


January 1, 2014.  A new year.  A new month.  A new day.  A new opportunity to keep my promise to myself.  So let's get to it!

Today, I challenged my fear of this.
Yoga is hard to begin with.  It take practice, balance, flexibility, strength.  Many things I am not good at.  I enjoy some basic yoga moves to help with stress, but this.... this is Jillian Michaels Yoga... and we all know that means it's not normal yoga.

My mistake was purchasing this DVD along with a bunch of other Jillian Michaels DVDs and trying a few of those first.  Based on my experiences with those workouts, I knew this one would kill me.  So I've avoided it for months... until today.

I will only say this once.
This workout is AMAZING!

This isn't slow, meditative, reflective yoga.  No.  Jillian Michaels is all about repetitive motions to get your heart pumping and maximizing your muscle output.  I was constantly moving, trying my hardest to focus on my breathing, sweating my butt off!!!

At the end of the workout, I felt accomplished.  Seriously.  What a great way to start the year.

Want to give it a try?  You can purchased the DVD from Amazon via the link below.

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips