Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fitness Log: 1/10/2014 - Neighborhood Walk

I woke up feeling extremely sore and tight... in my tush.  My body was finally feeling the full impact of my workout on Thursday morning.  Specially, the bridge.  My hamstrings and butt were sooo sore.

In the morning, I focused on stretching.  After 30 minutes, I felt a little looser but still there was a deep tightness.  Apparently my butt needed that workout.

By the end of the work day, I was struggling.  Sitting in an desk chair is not synonymous with keeping my muscles warm.  I was walking around like I had ridden a bull.  Haha!  Awesome.

Thankfully, a good friend who lives in my neighborhood agreed to go for an evening walk.  I love going for walks with friends.  It's a win-win.  You get in some gab time as well as a low impact workout.  We walked 2 miles in roughly 37 minutes, which means we had a pretty decent pace.  There were times when I felt a little winded talking and walking at the same time - how did that happen?

Regardless, I'm heading to bed still very sore.  I really need to power through it.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips