Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2014


resolution - the act determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.

I have never made a New Year's Resolution they way most people do.  I don't make grand promises to myself about losing weight, making more money or being a better person.  Why?  Because these grand statements never come with a plan of action.  If you resolve to change something, you also have to have a plan.  Otherwise, your gym membership goes unused and those books on your Amazon.com wishlist never get purchased.  

Instead, every year I make a list of Personal Goals.  {You can find a free printable list here.
I find that I consistently want the same things from year to year.  I want to read more and see more movies.  I want to try new foods and see new places.   However, I would very rarely achieve these things because I didn't have a plan.  So, let's make a plan.

This year, I'm dividing my resolutions up into the categories of my blog.  This way you can keep me accountable!

Beauty
1.  Find my signature hair style.  I feel like I'm almost there.  Aaaalmost.  This year will be the year.
2.  Get more manicures.  I occasionally get pedicures with my mother-in-law and do my nails at home, but there's nothing quite like getting your nails cleaned up professionally.
3.  Try out at least 3 Pinterest Beauty Tips.  I pin all day but let them go to waste.

Books
1.  Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin
2.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
3.  Read 4 other books. 

Decor
1.  Create a chalkboard for our front living/dining room.
2.  Create pegboards for my craft room.
3.  Hang more pictures of family and friends around the house.

Fashion
1.  Buy a new work bag.  This seems really simple but I've been carrying around the same big black Target tote bag for at least 8 years.  I want to upgrade but I always find myself looking at cheap bags.  I need to make an investment.
2.  Invest in my wardrobe and accessories.  More isn't necessarily more.  I'm finally fed up that cheap clothing and accessories are ruined or worn out very quickly.  Again, it's time to invest. 
3.  Clear out my closet.  Time to ditch items that no longer fit my body or sense of style.

Fitness
1.  Use every workout DVD in my collection.  I seriously have DVDs I've never played that I have had for at least 5 years.  Pointless.
2.  Run a 5k.  You have to start somewhere, right?
3.  Continue on my path of working out 3 times a week.  Maintaining my workout schedule is the best thing I can do for myself right now.  

Food 
1.  Try eggplant.
2.  Make soup from scratch.
3.  Make duck.

Humor
1.  Find and share one humorous article, video, etc a week.  My stress level goes through the roof if I'm not giggling.  Let's make this a team effort.

Movies
1.  Finally see "Lincoln".
2.  Finally see "Gigi".
3.  Finally see "An American in Paris". 

T.V.
1.  Get caught up on "Scandal". Totally addicted - need to get up to speed.
2.  Write at least 2 blogs a month about what I'm watching.  I know you probably don't care what I'm watching, but I'm spending my time on it, so I might as well make it feel worth it.
3.  Watch the news 2 times a week.  I usually avoid the news but it makes me feel disconnected from my world and community.  

Web
1.  Blog and share fun internet finds at least once a week.  I typically do this on my personal Facebook page, but you guys aren't there, so I'll share here.
  
Wisdom
1.  Share it, live it.  This is the only one that I'm going to be vague on.  I will only post when inspiration strikes.

There you have it.  I will use the tag "2014Resolution" to keep myself accountable.  Wish me luck!

What are you putting on your list this year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips