Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fashion Log: 1/12/2014 - The Football Fan Treadmill Workout

I wasn't feeling very motivated to get to the gym today.  It's the NFL Playoffs and my boys, the one and only San Francisco 49ers, were taking on the Carolina Panthers.  Usually, I spend my time planted in front of the tv, gritting my teeth and saying silent prayers of success.  Unfortunately, I was very lazy this morning and didn't make it to the gym.  The guilt began to settle in halfway through the second quarter.  It was time to strap up the tennis shoes and make it happen.  Off to the fitness center!

During Halftime, I did my strength work.

Strength:
Seated Row - 20 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs
Seated Bicep Curls - 20 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Tricep Curls - 20 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Shoulder Press - 20 reps x 3 sets @ 15lbs
Chest Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs

Once the game was back on, it was go time!
The workout is simple.  When your team of choice has the ball, you run/jog.  When the other team has the ball, you walk at high speed (between 4.0 and 4.5). 

Not good enough for you - up the incline.  That should fix ya.

My 49ers had a particularly good day - so I ran a lot!  I actually found this to be a great interval for a new runner like me.  Instead of watching the time on the dash, I was watching the game (keeping my posture upright and my focus forward).  The 45 minute session FLEW by - plus I didn't have to miss the game! 

I feel amazing.  Exhausted, but amazing!  I don't know what I'll do after football season is over, but I'll have to figure something out.  :)

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips