Monday, December 30, 2013

Fitness Log: 12/30/2013 - Elliptical and Strength


Amazing workout today!  I felt good going into the gym.  I had a positive attitude and was ready to do work.  And I certainly did some work.  I upped my elliptical level and ramped up my speed.  I also powered through the entire workout without giving in to the little voice in my head ushering me to slow down.
Strength was also solid today.  I'm focusing on increasing my strength so I've moved the weights up to 30lb or 45lbs depending on the exercise while reducing the number of reps from 20 to 10 per set.  I continue to struggle with the Chest Press but I'm getting better.
Cardio:
Elliptical Trainer - 25 minutes @ Level 5/6

Strength:

Seated Row - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs
Seated Bicep Curls - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Tricep Curls - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Shoulder Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 15lbs

Chest Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Leg Press - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 50lbs
Leg Extension - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 15lbs
Lat Pulldown - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs

Do you wonder how I keep track of it all?  While I'm at the gym, I used MyFitnessPal - a free app that tracks not only exercise but also diet.  Give it a try and add me as a buddy!

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips