Monday, December 23, 2013

Fitness Log: 12/21/2013 - Trekking on a Track


We are in California visiting family and still my tyrant of a husband pulled me out of bed to go for a jog/walk/run.  While I was a little irritated because it was so darn cold, I'm really glad we went.  It has been such a long time since I've made my way around a track.  There aren't any public tracks in our area and I didn't think I would miss it so much - but I do.
Instead of a full run or jog (I'm simply not there yet), I did trekking.  Trekking is an activity we did in high school P.E. class as a way to ready the muscles for running.  It is a fairly simple fitness plan too.

Ready for this...

Jog the Straights
Walk the Curves

That's it!  So simple yet so effective.  Because of the alternating, you don't even notice the miles and time passing you by.  Want to make it more difficult?  Every third lap, I sprinted the straights, instead of jogging them.  My legs were jelly by the end of it, but I felt AMAZING!

Give it a shot!

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips