Thursday, March 26, 2015

Book Review :: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

Now I understand.

Now I understand why Ernest Hemingway is considered one of the great American authors.

The Sun Also Rises is beautiful illustrative of the Lost Generation and the morality shifts of a post-World War I world.  Though I still struggle with Hemingway's rambling prose, I enjoyed this allusion to key character points and use of bullfighting as a powerful symbol.  Not going to lie, there were enough layers to this book that I had to pull up Sparknotes to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Outside of being an awesome piece of literature, the story is entertaining.  Who doesn't love a good love triangle and fist fight?!  The main character Jake is wonderfully tragic and you truly do root for him.

If you haven't read The Sun Also Rises yet, I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips