Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Earning My Wings :: Training Weeks 9 & 10

 and

The past two weeks have flown by!

My training in Week 9 was in preparation for my first 8k - ever!  I was really intimidated by the distance and the heat.  Arizona's "spring" is really an aggressive jolt into summer and the temperature was rising quickly.

I went out to Glendale for the 5th Annual Kiss Me I'm Irish Run.  I couldn't believe how many people were there!  Over 2500 runners - all waiting to get their morning run done in exchange for free green beer.  The route was diverse, though crowded.  I had to take a few walking breaks but I powered through with a pace I was really proud of.
Completing this 8k has really built up my confidence for my 10k in a few weeks.  The distance doesn't seem so scary anymore, although running in the heat does.  I'm focusing on getting more runs outside done as the temperatures increase to condition myself to that environmental challenge.

In Week 10, I focused on toning my body up.  Lots of weight workouts and short distance runs.  I'm trying to be cognizant of varying my workouts and keeping my body agile.

I also participated in a basketball shoot-out competition at work, during which I tanked in fashion.  Doesn't matter how fit I am - I still suck at basketball.
So what am I most proud of?

Weeks 11 and 12 come with an interesting challenge.  I'll probably double up that post intentionally as it will tell a complete story.  Stay tuned... it's ridiculous...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips