Monday, January 5, 2015

Earning My Wings :: Training Week 2

Part of training is staying dedicated to your goals - no matter what's going on in your life.  This week was a huge challenge.  Not only was it the New Year holiday, three of my four runs landed on days while I was on vacation in California.

Running in a different location presents a number of challenges:
1. Figuring out your route.
2. Different air quality (California = More Pollution, More Moisture).
3. Different terrain (So. Many. Hills.).

Then there are the challenges of running over the New Year Holiday:
1. So many delicious adult beverages.
2. Inevitable late nights.
3. Better things to do.

Regardless, I sucked it up, made sure I planned for each run, and trudged through them.  My 5 mile run on Sunday was the hardest, by far.  For the first time, I had to walk portions of my route, which was like a cannon fire to my ego.  I was tired and dehydrated from 12 hours at Disneyland the day before and staying up super late to hang out with my family.  I didn't properly prepare for my run, so I didn't have a proper run.  It's that simple.  However, I still finished and made my best attempt to finish strong.

On the bright side, I learned that I really love the interval training.  Hot damn, that's fun.

Week 2:
Tuesday, December 30 - 3.88 miles with sprint strides @ 12:14
Wednesday, December 31 - 45 squats, 45 push-ups, 45 sit-ups
Thursday, January 1 - 4.21 miles @ 11:25
Friday, January 2 - Rest Day
Saturday, January 3 - 2.05 @ 10:32
Sunday, January 4 - 5.06 @ 11:53
Monday, January 5 - Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown

So, what am I proud of this week?

Until  next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips