Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fitness Log: 2/8/2014 -- Workout Buddies


If you read any fitness magazines or blogs, you probably come across the age-old piece of advice "Work out with a Buddy" all the time.  You probably see it all the time because it's true.

This morning, I worked out with a new friend/neighbor.  We actually don't know each other very well but we dove into a workout together anyways and it turned out beautifully.  She is just as casually competitive as I am and gives her workouts maximum effort - just what I needed to see.  No excuses - just go.
The benefits for myself were incredible.  I worked out longer and harder than I usually do by myself and the session flew by!

Cardio: 
Elliptical - Level 5, 30 minutes

Strength:
Biceps Curl - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Triceps Extension - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Seated Row - 10 reps x 3 sets @ 45lbs
Shoulder Press - 7 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs
Chest Press - 7 reps x 3 sets @ 30lbs

We also did some ab work on the floor.  Simple crunches, leg lifts, side plank lifts.  What a great workout!

Do you have a workout buddy?  How do you keep each other motivated?

Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips