Sunday, May 31, 2015

TinkerBell 10k - aka Wings Earned!


After sixteen weeks of training, race day week finally arrived.  I made the short trip out to California from Arizona and was completely focused on my goal.  I had set a personal goal of completing the 6.2 miles under one hour and fifteen minutes.  That meant I had to run an eleven minute mile.  I was determined to do it.

Two days before the race, I visited the runDisney Expo with my friend to pick up my race packet and explore.  As to be expected, Disney has people moving down to a science.  Picking up my packet was painless and getting through the expo easy.  I couldn't believe the number of people there and the buzz.  Everyone was legitimately excited to be there and run.  Seriously... we're all crazy.

At the expo, I was fortunate to find the missing piece to my race day outfit, which is really what the expo was all about.  I bought this incredibly appropriate shirt for my run.

You can purchase it here, along with many other Disney-themed run apparel (yes, there's Star Wars too!).

Before I knew it, race day was upon me.  With my support crew in tow, we headed to Disneyland at 4:00 am.  I was ready.

I won't give you the mile-by-mile summary but I will tell you, Disney doesn't lie.  Every mile was magical.  The race route was really well planned and there were characters/musicians/supporters at every turn.  It was the most distracted 6.2 miles of my life.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - the race was worth every penny.
And how did I do?  See for yourself!
Not too shabby!  Plus I looked cute and got an AMAZING medal!
I was so happy to complete my first runDisney race.  In fact, I've already agreed to run the January Star Wars Half-Marathon with a friend!  I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips