Monday, February 9, 2015

Earning My Wings :: Training Week 4... ish

Well, well, well.  Fancy seeing you here again.  Training Week 4... ish... is a mash of a few weeks together.  As I referenced in my last posts, I started to experience some light knee pains.

Here's the deal....

I have weak ankles.

It felt silly writing that, but it's true.  I have weak ankles, which, given my ill-fitting shoes, could not support my high arches while running, which strained my knees.  Thankfully, I didn't tear or pull anything and stuck to doctor's orders by taking two weeks off.  I also went to a small local running store and got properly fitted for running shoes.
Armed with new kicks and a little bit of fear, I hit the pavement again.  I've also started following Tone It Up's workout plans.  Not faithfully - I tend to mix and match them, but I find them to be wonderfully complementary to my running.  Yoga and low-impact toning have kept me in shape in my downtime.

Thank goodness.... because yesterday, I ran a 5k... in record time too.
So unfortunately, this post is a culmination of a few weeks and I don't have day to day workout to share.  However, I really loved Tone It Up's KettleToning workout for today.  I don't have kettlebells, so I did the full routine with dumbbells, but beware!  This will kick your butt!

So what am I proud of this week?
Check in with you all next week!

To follow my every day adventures, follow me on Instagram @jen_evans_



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips